Silicone Bongs & Rigs
The all-silicone, heat-resistant, damage-resistant bongs! Silicone bongs are perfect for camping, water sports smoking, or any other type of adventurous outdoor endeavor that you'd love to take big rips during but are just worried that your traditional glass may break.
There's a variety of materials out there used to make smoke accessories like bongs, water pipes, and dab rigs. Quartz and glass are two of the most conventional materials, but silicone bongs and rigs are becoming an increasingly popular material when making accessories within the smoke world these days.
Silicone bongs and other smoke accessories are great for smokers who want durable, flexible pieces to easily clean and take on the go. Those benefits are why many smokers choose to switch from glass to silicone bongs and rigs.
Benefits of Silicone Bongs and Dab Rigs
There are many benefits to smoking with silicone water bongs, silicone dab rigs, and silicone pipes rather than using smoke accessories made of glass or quartz.
Benefits of smoking from silicone devices include:
- Durability. Silicone bongs and dab rigs are incredibly durable and virtually indestructible, making them great for accident-prone smokers. You won't have to worry about handling them too delicately, so you can focus on enjoying your smoke session instead of protecting your smoke accessories.
- Easy to Clean. Silicone bongs and dab rigs are easy to clean. All it takes is a little rubbing alcohol and water to make your silicone smoke accessories look and function as good as new. You can even toss them in the dishwasher if you want for a quick and easy clean.
- Portability. Silicone smoking accessories are ultra-portable and perfect for taking with you on the go. Since they're so durable and flexible, you won't have to worry about them breaking while they're safely tucked away in your stash bag or box.
- Safety. Manufacturers make rubber bongs and dab rigs with BPA-free materials that are safe for smoking purposes. As long as you're buying from a reputable shop like 420 Science, you can rest easy knowing your silicone smoke accessories are safe to use.
Cons of Silicone Bongs and Dab Rigs
Depending on your personal smoking preferences, silicone accessories might not be suitable for you. There are some drawbacks to using silicone water bongs, silicone dab rigs, and silicone water pipes.
- Basic Features. Most silicone smoking accessories, including bongs and water pipes, are for beginners, so they usually have the most basic features. For example, you may have difficulty finding a silicone bong equipped with a percolator or another more advanced filtration method.
- Questionable Safety. You can't just buy silicone products anywhere. Unless you're buying your silicone smoke accessories from a reputable shop, you do run the risk of purchasing pieces made with unsafe materials that aren't BPA-free. That's why it's critical to buy silicone bongs for sale from a safe shop.
- Lack Visual Appeal. Unfortunately, most silicone smoke accessories aren't as unique or eye-catching as glass or quartz pieces. If you're looking for a piece to bring the wow factor to your collection, you may have difficulty finding one made of silicone.
- More Frequent Cleaning. Stale water tends to cling to silicone and produce a foul odor, so silicone smoke accessories require a little more attention and cleaning than a typical glass piece might. Even though silicone accessories are effortless to clean, it might be a dealbreaker if you're looking for something that's more low-maintenance.
How to Smoke with a Silicone Bong
If you know how to smoke with a glass or quartz bong, you'll have no trouble at all smoking with a silicone or rubber bong. Some of them even have glass pieces like percolators. The main difference is that because silicone isn't see-through, you won't be able to watch your water levels while you're smoking and see how far you've filled your bong.
This problem has an easy fix, though. All you need to do is measure the water you're putting into your silicone bong. You should only fill it until you cover the slits on the downstem. Alternatively, you can fill it to about a half-inch from the bottom. If you aren't sure if you've filled your silicone bong with enough water, take a test hit and make sure you can hear it bubbling.
FAQs About Silicone Bongs and Rigs
If you've never smoked with a silicone bong or a silicone dab rig before, you may have questions you need to be answered before you decide if these pieces are right for you. Don't worry. We've got you covered.
Are Silicone Bongs Safe?
Yes! As long as you're purchasing your silicone smoke accessories from a reputable shop, pieces are safe to use. Most silicone smoke accessories are BPA-free, meaning they're perfectly safe for you to smoke with.
Are Silicone Bongs Hard to Clean?
Silicone bongs are incredibly easy to clean. As long as you maintain them regularly, you'll have no issues keeping them clean and ready to use.
How to Clean Silicone Bongs or Dab Rigs
Silicone smoke accessories are convenient and easy to clean, though they typically require you to clean them more often than glass accessories.
One of the easiest ways to clean a silicone bong, dab rig, or water pipe is by taking it apart and placing it in the dishwasher. If you'd rather clean your silicone piece by hand, there are just a few easy steps.
- Take your silicone bong or dab rig apart and layout each piece (bong bowls, percolators, etc.) on a clean surface.
- Using a specialty bong cleaner or a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water, thoroughly wipe down and scrub each piece.
- Let each piece dry completely before putting the bong or dab rig back together.
Silicone Bong and Dab Smoking Accessories: 420 Science's Top Picks
Looking for the best silicone bong on the market? Trying to find the perfect silicone dab rig? We have a great selection of both.
The Eyce Silicone Beaker Bong comes in five vibrant colors and features reinforced walls, making it extra durable. This silicone bong also has a removable compartment to store extra accessories like small grinders and a lighter. Want to ice your hits? This silicone bong features a restricted ice catch. It truly is one of the best bongs out there.
The Eyce Silicone Dab Rig II features reinforced walls and bumps protection to keep the piece safe from accidents. It quickly comes apart for convenient storage and cleaning. It comes in four fun colors to suit your preferences and personality. The bottom of this silicone dab rig features storage for a small stash, and the piece even comes with a metal dab tool.
The Waxmaid Silicone Four-In-One Bong/Dab Rig/Nectar Collector/Bubbler indeed does it all. This silicone piece is ultra-durable and allows you to smoke in a variety of ways. While the percolator and mouthpiece are glass, the rest of this piece is smoke-safe silicone that's almost indestructible.
Shop with 420 Science to Find Your Perfect Silicone Bong or Silicone Dab Rig
Ready to try out a silicone bong or a silicone dab rig? We have everything you need to get started here at 420 Science. All of our silicone pieces are high-quality, top-rated, and safe for smoking with.
Enjoy a flat rate of $4.20 for shipping on each piece, and rest easy knowing that you can initiate a return on any unused items within 15 days of delivery for either store credit with free return shipping or a refund to your original payment method.
Want to stay in the know with updates and special promos? Sign up for the 420 Science newsletter today!