One Hitters and Dugouts
Discreet and portable, one hitters make smoking a no-fuss experience. Be prepared for a smoke session anywhere, anytime. One-hitter pipes are one of the most common ways for people to smoke weed, especially beginners or people who are good on just a couple of hits. We've built a collection of one-hitter tubes you can count on to hit smooth and be affordable.
- GRAV 4in 16mm Octo-Taster w/Silicone Skin
- GRAV 4in 12mm Taster w/Silicone Skin
- GRAV Dugout & One-Hitter
- Caldwell's Disposable One Hitter
- 420 Science 3in Taster - One Hitter
- GRAV Concentrate Taster
- Eyce Silicone Shorty One Hitter
- RYOT Wooden Bat with Spring - Walnut
- RYOT Wooden Dugout Box w/Matching One-Hitter - Bamboo
- RYOT Wooden Bat with Digger Tip - Bamboo
- Session Goods One Hitter
- RYOT Wooden Bat with Digger Tip - Rosewood
- RYOT Wooden Bat with Digger Tip - Walnut
- RYOT Wooden Bat with Digger Twist Tip - Rosewood
- RYOT Wooden Bat with Spring - Maple
What is a One Hitter?
A one-hitter is typically a simple glass tube pipe with a narrow bowl that provides a way to smoke a small amount of weed. One-hitters hold less weed than a joint or a hand pipe designed for a single inhalation, also known as a "hit".
Most glass one-hitters are straight cylinders with no carb, but some have a bead of glass on the outside to keep them from rolling off a table.
Are One-Hitters More Efficient?
One-hitters are cheap pipes that make them easy to replace should you lose or break them. You can have a couple in your collection for backup pipes or have one stashed in your bag in case your find yourself without a pipe.
Many people favor the low dose that a one-hitter provides you without having to get too stoned. You don't have to load an entire bowl and try to judge how much you should hit.
Use a One Hitter for Portability
One-hitters are easy to store anywhere. Their best feature is their small size, and most are around 2-3 inches long. Taster pipes can fit in the same container you keep your weed in if you need to or just in your pocket without getting in the way.
Purchase a One Hitter for Affordability
These short glass pipes don't cost a lot of money. Often a one-hitter is the first type of pipe that artists learn to make and practice styles of glassblowing. This popularity makes one-hitters widely available and easy to buy.
Smoke a One Hitter for a Cleaner Taste
When you smoke weed out of a small pipe, you taste the smoke quickly before it has gone stale. Smoking through the one-hitter provides immediate and intense cannabis flavors as long as you keep it clean.
Types of One Hitters
There are two main types of one-hitters that are available to choose from:
These types of one hitters are smoked vertically by making a fist and placing the smoke piece in between the middle and ring fingers, then inhaling through an opening created by your index finger.
Dugouts come with two chambers. The first chamber is used to store a small amount of ground cannabis for future smoke sessions. The second chamber of the dugout is the one-hitter.
What is the Best Type of One Hitter?
There is no best type - there are a number of options to choose from, and this can depend on what you are looking for in your pipe.
Check out this roundup of some of our favorite one hitter pipes if you're looking for some inspiration or guidance on your next purchase.
How to Use a One Hitter
Smoking with a one-hitter is simple and a big reason people love them. Here's a quick rundown on how to pack and toke your one-hitter.
- Grind up some weed to a medium consistency.
- Pack the end of the one-hitter with weed until the bowl is full.
- Light the bowl as you inhale and try to cash the entire bowl for the full effect.
- When you're done smoking, use a poker tool to empty the bowl.
How to Use a Dugout
A dugout is a container for your weed with a slot for the one-hitter to be kept safely. Using a dugout is similar to using a one-hitter by itself, except you grind the weed ahead of time. Dugouts are a convenient way to carry your one-hitter and your stash in one place.
How to Clean a One Hitter
After each use, it's best to clean your one-hitter so that resins do not build up inside and ruin the flavor. There are various methods to properly clean a one hitter. Our online headshop offers easy-to-use cleaning materials for your small pipes and one hitters. Here are some easy steps to clean a one hitter with materials available at home:
- Remove any loose particles from your one hitter using a poker or other similar tool
- Take your pipe and place it in a plastic bag
- Add isopropyl alcohol to the plastic bag until the piece is sumbmerged completely
- Add 2 oz of hot water and a tablespoon of sea salt. The salt will help to more easily break down the gunky resin stuck in your one hitter
- Shake up your bag mixture with the piece inside and leave the pipe to soak for 1-3 hours
- Rinse out the resin and take a q-tip or cotton swab to remove any leftover buildup on the inside of the bat
- Leave it out to try. It is important to wait before starting up a smoking sesh, as isopropyl alcohol is extremely flammable
Browse Our Online Headshop for Your Next One Hitter, Dugout, and Other Awesome Weed Accessories
Our selection of one-hitters, dugouts, and chillums is sure to satisfy your need for a small and affordable glass pipe. Take a look at our one-hitters section and let us know if you have any other questions about these pipes or anything cannabis-related.