Nectar Collectors & Dab Straws
Nectar Collector styled dry rigs!
- Home Blown Glass 'The Bird' Air-Cooled Dry Rig
- Home Blown Glass Road Runner Air-Cooled Dab Straw
- Dip Devices EVRI Three-In-One Vaporizer
- Home Blown Glass Road Straw Air-Cooled Dry Rig
- Waxmaid Silicone Nectar Collector
- LINX Hypnos Zero, Ares, & Gaia Vape SpecialSold outLINX Hypnos Zero, Ares, & Gaia Vape Special$ 399.99$ 399.99
$ 399.99Unit price / per
- LINX Ares Honey StrawSold outLINX Ares Honey Straw$ 109.99$ 109.99
$ 109.99Unit price / per
What is a Nectar Collector?
A Nectar Collector is a pipe exclusively for dabbing concentrates. The design of a nectar collector can vary from pipe to line, but they are essentially a straw design with a mouthpiece at one end and a tapered end at the other. Some nectar collectors are made to cool the dabs down, and others even have water filtration.
Essentially a Nectar Collector is a way to have ready-to-go portable dabs whenever you want. The best thing about dab straws is that they can be treated like a one-hitter. It is inexpensive, replaceable, and simple to use.
Dab straws are also excellent for sampling a large selection of dabs if you ever get the chance. Dip it and rip it is the phrase that many honey straw enthusiasts use to express the ease of always having a portable dab kit.
How Do Nectar Collectors Work?
Because the Nectar Collector is a dab straw-style design, it is meant to be placed directly into your dabs to get a hit of cannabis concentrates. The tapered end of a honey straw is a dab tool and comes into contact with the dabs. Once the tip is touching the dabs, you inhale and get a hit as long as you would like. A nectar hit is much more immediate and intense than a dab rig hit because they are less filtered, and the delivery is much faster. So to sum all the steps up:
- Get your dabs ready in a container or on a dabbing surface.
- Heat the tip of the honey straw just enough before it glows. Quarts and titanium tips can take more heat.
- Dip it into your dabs and inhale for as long as you like for a big unfiltered dab hit.
How Do You Use a Nectar Collector?
- Use a pen torch or a dab torch on low to heat the collector end of the dab straw. This is the end that is placed directly into the dabs. Be sure not to overheat your nectar collector. Start by heating it only for a few seconds just before it glows hot. If your straw is made from quartz, it can retain more hits, but borosilicate glass can still crack if only heated in one location, so be careful.
- Place the tip of the heated nectar collector into your dabs and inhale gently. The dabs will vaporize immediately, and you will notice you can now hit your dabs for quite a while. It’s important to note that it’s easy to get too big of a hit with a nectar collector because the dabs are unfiltered, and you have such an ample supply when dabbing directly into your dab jar or slab.
- Exhale, put down your nectar collector, and relax.
Perks of Using a Nectar Collector
Many people prefer a nectar collector over a dab rig for a few key reasons. Dab rigs are similar to bongs in that they focus on water filtration and cooling down a set amount of dabs. A nectar collector focuses on letting you determine how big of a hit you get with maximum flavor and minimal filtration.
Perk 1: Nectar Collector Prices
You won’t have to pay as much for a nectar collector pipe as you would a dab rig. This is because dab straws are usually built from more minor components than a dab rig. Another is that nectar collectors are generally less adorned with detail and colo techniques the way high-end rigs and bongs can me. A simple nectar collector makes dabbing easy and inexpensive.
Perk 2: Convenience
Hitting a nectar collector doesn’t require much effort. You heat the tip and dip it in. That’s about three fewer steps than taking a dab with a rig. Dab straws are also easy to carry and store because of their tube shape and narrow-body style. Fitting a nectar collector in a small carrying case with some dabs and a small torch lighter is easy to throw together and carry around.
Perk 3: Nectar Collectors are Simple
As noted, taking a hit with a nectar collector is one of the easiest ways to dab. You don’t have to worry about water filtration, timing your banger, or using the right dab tool when using a honey straw. A nectar collector is an excellent way to taste many types of concentrate if you get together with friends to compare and tastes extra dabs. There are many varieties of dab straw, from straight tubes with a tapered end for dipping into dabs to collectors that have removable dipping ends and cooling chambers.
Nectar Collector Dab Kit Essentials
If you want to start using a nectar collector, we recommend getting one along with a carrying case and a container for your dabs. Make sure your patient has room to carry a lighter or, ideally, a small torch. A small case that holds all of these things can fit into a backpack or a messenger bag with no problems.
Shop Nectar Collectors with 420 Science
We stock only the best functioning nectar collectors made by respected glass artists and manufacturers. If you want to start dabbing with a dab straw, then a Roadrunner is a great place to start, or you can look at your entire collection and decide what’s best for you.